Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Desert Dash - Namibia 24 Hour Mountain Bike Race


Info from The Desert Dash Homepage:

"You can win it, but you can't beat it. You can catch it, but you can't tame it. The FNB Desert Dash is more than an endurance mountain bike race, it's a wild beast that lures you, challenges you and allows only a few to stay on its back. It's a 340km, 24 hour fight between human and nature, body and mind."


"Navigating the sharp twists and turns of the descent, at one stage dropping 700m in only 10km, will be made even more difficult by the cold and darkness of a moonless night. The next day brings challenges of its own. Temperatures can soar up to 50 degrees Celsius while you cross the arid, rocky monotony of the Namib Desert."

I'll be off-line for a few days because I'm part of the support team for two friends who're taking up the challenge ... I hope I'll survive, I feel exhausted just thinking about it ...

Photo Credits: Unknown

Edit: Link to pics I took at the 2009 Desert Dash

.

2 comments: